Making the decision to make a long distance trip with your little ones in tow can be difficult, especially when everyone you speak to on the subject advises you against it. Thankfully, these 30 blog posts discuss the ins and outs of traveling with children, offering great advice, hints and tips to help ensure that your trip goes as smoothly as possible.
Traveling with your children is one thing; traveling overseas is a different animal entirely. From government travel regulations with children to practical advice on how to best manage the situation and minimize the chances of trouble, these five bloggers come to the rescue.
- Family Travel Contest: Tips for International Travel with Kids
- Traveling Overseas with Children (Flying with Toddlers and Infants)
- Travel Tips for International Trips with Kids
- Tips to Travel Overseas With Babies and Kids
- International Family Travel Guide
Kids and Air Travel
When restlessness and boredom spur your children to misbehave in the car, they’re generally only irritating you and your spouse. On an airplane, however, you’re surrounded by strangers who may not be overly accommodating to your child’s disruptions. These five bloggers tackle the issue of plane behavior, navigating the airport with a child, and preparing little ones to fly.
- 20 Kid-Friendly Tips for Long Flights
- 5 Tips for Flying with Kids that You Might Not Have Heard Before
- My Basic Guide to Flying with Kids
- Flying With Kids: A Survival Guide
- 10 Tips to Make Flying with Kids a Breeze
The family road trip is a time-honored American tradition. It’s also the source of the oft-repeated cliché, “don’t make me turn this car around!” Avoiding the pitfalls of road trip travel can be easier than you may think however, especially if you take the advice of these five bloggers into account before setting off on your trek.
- Surviving Long Car Trips With Kids
- Tip Sheet: Road Trips
- 15 Simple Tips for Car Travel With Kids
- 5 Tips for “Fight Free” Car Trips with Kids
- Fun Things To Do On Your Road Trip This Summer
The key to preventing the bulk of travel difficulties lies in proper preparation. Making sure that you and your family know what to expect, have everything that you’ll need on-hand, and have a back-up plan in place can make all the difference. Juggling all of those lists, however, can be a bit of a challenge. Thankfully, these five bloggers come to the rescue with their own advice for preparation and packing.
- Preparing Your Kids for the Trip
- Preparing Kids for Air Travel (The Safety Aspect)
- Preparing Kids for a Trip: Read! Read! Read!
- How to Prepare Kids for First-Time Travel
- 14 Nomadic Families Share Their Thoughts On Preparing For The Travel Lifestyle
Diversions and Distractions
Keeping your kids from fighting amongst themselves, acting out due to boredom, and generally wreaking havoc on everyone around them will require you to have a sufficient number of diversionary tactics, distractions and games in mind. These five blogs are filled with travel diversions, and can prove to be very valuable resources when you set off on your journey.
- Fun Travel Games for Kids!
- 25 Travel Games for Children
- Travel Games: Fun Ways for Kids to Pass the Time on Road Trips
- Simple Travel Games and Fun
- 5 Ways to Make Travel Games for Kids
Kids and Jet Lag
Little ones are just as susceptible to the scourge known as jet lag as their adult counterparts. While preventing it altogether can be almost impossible, with the proper preparation you can manage to stave off the worst of it. These five blog entries discuss the issue of junior jet lag, offering real-life advice and practical hints.