You’ve finally decided it’s time to take a vacation with the family, which brings you to the next big hurdle to cross: what are you going to do to keep the kids entertained? And more importantly, how can you plan this trip so that everyone enjoys themselves? While keeping the kids occupied is important, you also don’t want to spend your entire vacation running after the kids, only to return home more tired that when you left on vacation in the first place. What are your options? Can you find destinations that will please the kids while still giving mom and dad a break too? Planning ahead can make traveling with kids less stressful, especially if you have other concerns to take into consideration, like a special needs child or a child with food allergies. These 20 blogs will offer advice on all of these and more.
- Amenities to Consider When Vacationing with Kids – This blog is all about booking a villa in Aruba for your vacation. Staying in a villa that has a pool, a kitchen, Wi-Fi and more will give both you and your children plenty of options, ensuring that no one is ever bored.
- Five Kid Friendly Vacation Destinations Every Family Should Visit – Find out what the top five vacation destinations are for families and why on this blog.
- Top 10 Family-Friendly Vacation Rental Destinations – Renting a place for your family to stay can save you money because you will be able to cook your own food instead of eating out the entire time.
- Family-Friendly Winter Vacations – Learn all about four vacation destinations that could be perfect for your family.
- Best Ski Resorts with Kid-Friendly Activities in the US – Activities for kids abound at the kid-friendly places that are detailed in this blog post.
Tips for Travelling with Kids
- 5 Travel Tips for Vacationing with Kids in Mexico – Traveling with a baby doesn’t have to be difficult according to this blogger, who took her 4 month old to Mexico. Learn her tips on how to travel with a baby.
- Top 25 Tips on Traveling with Kids – Tons of useful information can be found on this blog, which covers topics like how to pack and where to go.
- Tips on Traveling with Kids – This blogger has an awesome sense of humor that comes out as she discusses traveling with kids.
- 10 Tips for Traveling with Children – An activity blog that has tons of ideas on what you can bring along for road trips with children.
- How to Prepare for Traveling (Alone!) with Kids – This mom of twins knows how to travel with kids. Her husband is in the Navy, so she often travels without him, and the tips she is able to offer are both useful and smart.
Vacationing with Special Needs Children
- Vacations and Special Needs – It Can Happen! – This blogger has first-hand experience going on vacation with a special needs child. Take a look at her tips.
- Vacationing with Kids Who Have Special Challenges – Eileen is a blogger specializing in “all things cruise,” and offers advice on taking your special needs child on a cruise with you.
- Getting Treated Like a VIP– Flying Solo with My Special Needs Child – Being aware that special services are available when flying can make all the difference in how smoothly your trip goes; be sure to ask for them the next time you go on vacation.
- Taking a Vacation with your Special Needs Child – Take along some familiar items to comfort your special needs child when you take him on vacation. These tips and many more can be found on this blog.
- Traveling with Special-Needs Children is Worth the Effort – Extra planning is recommended by this blogger as she travels with her autistic son. She has a lot of advice to offer, so it’s well worth the read.
Traveling with Food Allergies
- Tips on Traveling with Toddlers with Food Allergies– Updated! – This blogger works for an airline and is able to give real life tips for what you should and should not bring with you.
- Tips for Traveling Safely with Your Food-Allergic Child – Suggestions about taking along food while you travel in a car and many others can be found on this informative blog.
- Winter Travel Tips for Food Allergies – Here’s a list of things you should do before leaving home with any children you have who suffer from food allergies.
- Trouble-Free Travel for Families with Food-Allergic Children – How to prepare ahead of time and what calls to make are detailed on this blog, along with many other useful tips.
- Traveling with Food Allergies Easier with Smartphone Add-On – This is all about the iTube, a new product that is coming out which tests foods for allergens. While the iTube isn’t available yet, you might like a Food Allergen Translation Card that may be able to help you.